I have the best students. Period. There is no doubt in my mind that I am a lucky, lucky instructor. Tonight I taught my first Embroidery course. After a very long and draining day at my "real" job, I was looking forward to doing something different, but glad that the course was only two hours. I was wiped out, and ready to go home and spend some time on the couch with the pup as soon as class ended.
At Embroidery 101, I had two students - both of whom had done some basic embroidery on their machines and were ready to dive in further. Angela and Courtney were AMAZING. So much fun, so talented, and so excited to learn more about what their machines are capable of. I had the best time with both of these ladies, and I can't wait to see them in more classes and to watch what they'll create! To say that they inspired and invigorated me is an understatement. I think this may be my favorite course yet.
That being said... here's what's coming up through the end of August. I present... TEACHAPALOOZA!!!
This weekend I have a private lesson with a younger student and new learner. She's one of my Sewing 101 students and ready to tackle a bigger project. I mention this only as a shameless plug that KMIS offers private lessons if anyone wants one on one instruction or help with a specific project. :)
On Tuesday, July 26th - it's the Frugalistas Coupon Holder! This sewing and embroidery project was designed by the lovely and talented Sue O'Very.
Monday, August 1st is the next offering of Sewing 101. This class is designed for the sewer with absolutely NO experience. We make a wine bag, and cover everything from how to plug in and turn on the machine (seriously) to basic stitches. You WILL leave with a completed project.
Last but not least, Thursday, August 4th is the new Life's a Beach Applique In-The-Hoop class! We cover the basics of In-The-Hoop applique on your embroidery machine AND we review how to make the zig-zag blocks required for the quilt.
And, if you happen to be near the South store on Thursday, July 28th, please stop by our "What's all the Hoopla?" event to kick-off the new In the Hoopla Club. There will be prizes and you know Joy will have good food. What does this have to do with teaching AND me? Hmmmm..... perhaps you should swing by to find out. :)
Just for the record, reading your blog is making my dust off my ole sewing machine. Thank you for being an a-MUSE-sing woman, Keri! I miss you! xoxo
ReplyDelete